luni, 27 septembrie 2010

Ieromonk Ghelasie: "HESYCHASM, MYSTERY OF THE SAINTS" (English translation: Alice Butnar)


St. John the Russian, painting by nun Andreea (Holy Monastery Nera)


















Each Saint has the Destiny of being the REHALLOWING Father of many “unholy” people.
Herein resides the Mystery of the Saints’ Celebration. We, the “sinners”, are born due to GOD’S GRACE-GIFT, and at the same time due to the Gift of the Saints, who take us under their protection and “vouch for us.” Both the GIFT of GOD and the Gift of the Saints are of capital importance.


MOTTO:
Oh, my Saint, your Faith in my Salvation
Is HELD by GOD Himself,
FAITH I myself Believe in.


On a timeless DAY, in DIVINITY,
As an Answer of LOVE,
The SON together with the HOLY SPIRIT,
Bring to GOD the FATHER
A GIFT of THANKS.
“Eternal FATHER,
Receive this Thanksgiving,
These Gifts from Your Own Gifts
We bring before You.
And the FATHER Looks . . .
Seeing one more Love
Of Creation.”

“RECEIVE THE IMAGE OF LOVE
IT IS Your IMAGE, FATHER!”


And the FATHER BLESSES!

*

“Look FATHER, along
With my Gift of LOVE,
Also an Image of Creation,
In which I Pour Myself Forth
And through Me
You Pour Yourself Forth.

I am Your very LOVE,
And in this IMAGE I also create
An Image of Created Love
That will Love You
LIKE I do.

You, FATHER, are the IMAGE of LOVE,
And before YOU may stand
Only one more Image of Love.”
And GOD the FATHER sees
An Image of Created Love
But also an “anti-Image of evil” . . .

“FATHER,” says the SON,
“Regard the ONES who LOVE You,
These are the Saints
You give LIFE to.

Your BLESSING
Is only upon your Saints
And these I bring before You
As a Gift of LOVE.”


*

The SON brings forth
The Conception of Creation,
“The Book of Life”.
GOD the FATHER reads
The Names of all Beings,
Keeping the Holy ones,
“Wiping out” the sinful ones.

“FATHER, only the Saints
Can indeed be Written
Into the Book of Life . . .
Yet Each Saint
Is like a Father of Creation,
And how can they ‘allow their Sons to die’
Despite their being sinful?”

“Yes,” says the FATHER,
“I will not wipe out
Any of the Saints’ Sons,
However they may be,
But only those
Who are under their Holy PROTECTION.
The Saints must take upon themselves
One more Holiness
For those who do no fulfill it themselves.
Because the Created World cannot exist
Unless it is Holy.”

“FATHER, as this Creation is of my Conception,
I shall EMBODY
As the FIRST SAINT of Creation,
And under MY PROTECTION
All Sons of Creation will be born,
For ‘death does not exist’ . . .
And even if sin invents death
I shall RISE all the dead.”

And the FATHER BLESSES.


*

LORD, I the sinner
Should not have been Created,
My Parents should not have born me . . .

Oh, LIFE, what JOY!
Oh, LIFE, what DIVINE MYSTERY!
I, as a sinner,
Cannot have the Right to LIVE . . .
For sin is the “denial” of LIFE.

Oh, what Mystery,
For me, the unworthy,
To be still Created and born . . .
This is the Mystery of the Saint.

*

LORD, in me there is first Your MERCY,
Then the Prayer of the MOTHER of GOD and the Prayer of the Saints,
Especially that of my Saint and of my Guardian Angel,
In whose Gift I was Created and born.
There is also the sigh of my earthly people,
And especially the sigh of my Parents, my Destiny being to Redeem them.

Your IMAGE is like a DIVINE SUN in me,
There is an Icon Light, the Image of the MOTHER of GOD.
There is the Saint-Holder of the Light and the Flame of my Parents,
And in these Lights is my Life.

I must Worship Your IMAGE,
Fill up the Icon Light with the Oil of my Faithfulness,
In the Holder I must always kindle the Flame,
And keep celebrating my Service.

I myself must be like a Church,
With the ALTAR of Your PRIESTHOOD-IMAGE.



Published in the volume "Hesychasm", Platytera Publishing House, Bucharest, 2007, pp. 63-67. Translation from Romanian: Alice Butnar.

Copyright: Platytera Publishing House.

The Romanian (Original) Version can be found here.
The German Version can be found here.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu