joi, 30 septembrie 2010

Ieromonk Ghelasie: "DEVOTION" (English translation: Alice Butnar)


St. John the Forerunner, icon painting by monk Ilie



















My Saint, my Saint, great is your Faith
That I too shall be Saved!...

You Believe so strongly that I shall depart from sin,
That GOD Himself,
Due to your Love for HIM and HIS LOVE for you,
BELIEVES your Faith...
Hence He is patient with me,
Though I rightfully deserve nothing but death.

Oh my Saint, my Saint,
What a great GIFT it is to be Holy,
To have such FAITH as to RISE the dead from the grave.

*

Oh, MOTHER of GOD,
You are the EMPRESS of all Saints,
The GIFT of Holiness is in You as great as that of all humanity.
You have Born the very SPRING of Holiness,
You have held in Your Arms the SON of GOD,
Who makes You worthy of being the IMAGE of the CHURCH,
The Holiest Image of Creation,
The MOTHER of Holiness in Heaven and on Earth.


Published in the volume "Hesychasm", Platytera Publishing House, Bucharest, 2007, p. 82. Translation from Romanian: Alice Butnar.Copyright: Platytera Publishing House.

The Romanian (Original) Version can be found here.
The German Version can be found here.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu