joi, 30 septembrie 2010

Ieromonk Ghelasie: "AVVA and the Neophyte" (English translation: Alice Butnar)





















Christ Pantocrator, fresco painting by monk Ilie


My AVVA, my AVVA.
You are the LIKENESS of GOD’S GRACE,
You are the Likeness of the Saint
Of whose GIFT I was Born.

Through you I DISCOVER the Saint who TOOK me
In his Arms when I was Begotten,
And made me his Son.

My AVVA, in your Icon
GOD, Saints, Parents,
Heaven and Earth
GATHER in a COMMUNION of MYSTERY.

Avva my Father,
Kneeling, under your BLESSING I stand.

Through your Hands Heaven is descending.
Through your Face GRACE is SHINING,
Through your WORDS,
GOD Himself is SPEAKING to me.

My AVVA, what Blessed DESTINY
To have FOUND you!...
Without you, long would I have wandered
With no Hope of Fulfillment and Salvation...

AVVA mine, AVVA mine,
You are my Holy CHAPEL,
Where seven times a Day
I kneel in humility,
Faithfully Hoping
That I too shall be Saved.

All that I have is a GIFT
From GOD’S GRACE,
From my Parents’ Inheritance
And the Virtues of the Saint who Adopted me,
From your Counsel, AVVA Father,
A Gift from Holy GIFTS.

*

On a timeless DAY, in DIVINITY,
As an Answer of LOVE,
The SON together with the HOLY SPIRIT,
Bring to GOD the FATHER
A GIFT of THANKS.
“Eternal FATHER,
Receive this Thanksgiving,
These Gifts from Your Own Gifts
We bring before You.”
And the FATHER Looks...
He sees one more Love
Of Creation.

“RECEIVE THE IMAGE OF LOVE
IT IS Your IMAGE, FATHER!”

And the FATHER BLESSES!


Published in the volume "Hesychasm", Platytera Publishing House, Bucharest, 2007, pp. 83-84. Translation from Romanian: Alice Butnar.

Copyright: Platytera Publishing House.

The Romanian (Original) Version can be found here.
The German Version can be found here.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu