sâmbătă, 21 august 2010

breakdown (poem by Florin Caragiu, English translation: Simona Sumanaru)























you’re beautiful when you smile
although you only do it in your moments of sadness
when you catch me trying to cheer you up

I could never tell you how you look
what exactly changes in time
and what stays the same irrespective of your mood
maybe because when I do that
your shadow breaks down into my words

every time we meet I get the feeling
I have my arms full, even when I forget to get you
a little gift
you come into my embrace to receive
what I brought you without knowing

sometimes you bandage up my soul
with your colorful sleeve
like first aid
against my inward falls

other times we are two arms
spread out to be able to hold

when we are far from each other
we become almost translucent
and people no longer greet us back
looking through us at their own lives
abandoned on the edge of a child’s footstep



(poem published in the volume "catacombe. aici totul e viu" ("catacombs. everything is alive here"), Vinea Publishing House, Bucharest, 2008, pp. 49-50. English translation: Simona Sumanaru.)

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu