miercuri, 5 mai 2010

Hieromonk Ghelasie: "PSALM of the Created Being" (Translation: Alice Butnar)



















1. Blessed are all those whom You have created, LORD.
1. O, Mystery known only by You, to also Create a Being, that did not exist and that You bring into Existence!
2. O, “naught” that didst not exist, look how you become Creation! The CREATOR only holds your Mystery.
3. You, my LORD, indeed Create a Created Being as well, without taking away anything from Your Own BEING, yet in which You pour forth all of Your BEING.
4. This Creation is beyond Your BEING and not out of Your BEING, for You also bring into Being a Created Being.
5. Yet how can a second Being exist?
6. Only if You also truly Create a Created Being, can there be two, a CREATING ONE and a Created one, who do not take over each other.
7. O, my GOD and CREATOR, Blessed am I, the Created Being, for I can “stand by” You, the absolute BEING, Partaking of Those which are not mine.
8. You are the MYSTERY beyond Creation and I am the Mystery beyond You.
9. You have poured forth Your awesome MYSTERY into me, and beyond Nature You hold Yourself within me, not growing less, not suffering any division.
10. Your MYSTERY as a CREATOR is that beyond NATURE You also create a Being of Creation. And my Mystery as a Created Being is that beyond Nature I can “stand by” Your BEING.
11. Blessed am I, the Created Being, in whom You descend as GOD, for me to ASCEND into GODLINESS.
12. Day and night I pray to You and thank You, and I sing the MYSTERY OF YOUR LITURGY, which descending into the Mystery of my Liturgy of Creation, thus becomes the EUCHARIST of Your SUPPER.
13. Blessed am I, the Created Being, for I can be in the LAND and stand by the RIVERS of the LITURGY of Your HOLY SUPPER.



(published in the volume "Avva Ghelasie, Cuvântătorul de Dumnezeu" ("Abba Ghelasie, the Theologian"), Platytera Publishing House, Bucharest, 2005, p. 11-12. Translation from Romanian: Alice Butnar)


Copyright: Platytera Publishing House.


The Romanian (original) Version can be found here.

The German Version
can be found here.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu