joi, 6 mai 2010

Hieromonk Ghelasie: "PSALM" (Translation: Alice Butnar)























LORD,
Over the Begetting
Out of my Parents
You have BLOWN,
And thus was I Born
One more IMAGE of Man
In whom You have SEALED YOURSELF
With the DIVINE POURING forth
That I myself RECEIVE
As the GIFT of ETERNITY.
My IMAGE of Man
Has a Soul
And a Body
The Image of Heaven
And of Earth
In which I am to be
Paradise – Holy Dwelling Place
Where the LITURGY of LOVE
Yet once more
Be celebrated.
Your Own IMAGE
Can be SEEN
Over me,
Over the Image of my Parents
In my very Being.
Heaven keeps reflecting
In my Soul,
The Earth is moving
In my Body,
And all UNITED
In my IMAGE of Man
Become a PROSTRATION
To YOU, my LORD
And my GOD,
To YOU all the SINGING,
One more ETERNITY
STANDING STILL
In FRONT of YOUR FACE!

HOLY TRINITY
Our GOD,
GLORY to You,
All PROSTRATION to You,
Forgive us.
Forgive our pettiness,
Our inabilities,
Forgive our weaknesses,
Do not consider,
Our sins.
Despite our sins,
In spite of our sins,
We still Pray to You,
HEAVENLY LOVE,
ETERNAL MERCY.
Overlook our pettiness,
Your IMAGE Blown into us
Is stronger,
Sin could not destroy it,
Though it is covered.
Uncover it YOURSELF my LORD,
YOU open our eyes, LORD.
May YOUR MERCY
Be, LORD,
The DROP of GRACE.
GLORY to You,
HOLY TRINITY!
O, the PRAYING,
The PRAYING MOTHER of our CHURCH,
The MOTHER of GOD,
And all Praying Saints of the CHURCH,
Of all Saints’ Glory
Of the UNION between Heaven and Earth!
O, MEETING.
O, COMMUNION OF ETERNITY,
O, SINGING OF THE ETERNITY!


(published in the volume "Avva Ghelasie, Cuvântătorul de Dumnezeu" ("Abba Ghelasie, the Theologian"), Platytera Publishing House, Bucharest, 2005, p. 16-18. Translation from Romanian: Alice Butnar)


Copyright: Platytera Publishing House.


The Romanian (original) Version can be found here.

The German Version can be found here.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu